BizShake - 2018-Present
Content Marketer & Blockchain Writer
BizShake is committed to building the first decentralized P2P renting and pawning ecosystem based on blockchain technology, aiming to benefit users from the peer-to-peer transaction by sharing their own properties.
Follow along over at the BizShake Medium blog.
Freelance Photographer & Videographer - Worldwide | 2009-Present
Clients include Nike, Wieden+Kennedy, New Balance Numeric, SkateHere.com, Fly Streetwear, Herschel Supply Co., Parkland MFG, Love Bang, Levi's Skateboarding, iconx, Solidarity of Unbridled Labor (formerly JDK Design), Gravis Footwear, FRENDS, Burton Snowboards, Anti-Hero Skateboards, Death & Rough Francis, FutureClaw Magazine, Amp Energy and more.
Self-Employed Digital Marketing Specialist - Shanghai, China | Present
Clients and services listed under the Digital Marketing tab.
China Higher Group - Shanghai, China | 2017
E-Commerce & Inbound Marketing Consultant
China Higher Group is the largest supplier of automotive accessories to Walmart, AutoZone and other retail chains in the United States.
Enparticles - Shanghai, China | 2015-2017
Manage one direct-to-consumer and two B2B e-commerce businesses. Responsibilities span website creation & setup, inbound marketing efforts (SEO, content creation, social media marketing & more), shopping cart management (WooCommerce) and product logo/label design.
- Constantly work to grow branded and non-branded organic traffic through consistent site optimization, PR/link-building campaigns and content creation. Manage SEO strategy and campaigns to grow user base and improve brand awareness.
- Developed plan for influencer and PR outreach for the B2C site. Discovered new categories and sales channels, then identified key influencers, KOL’s & bloggers for product placement, reviews and reputable backlinks. Within three months of outreach, net month-to-month revenue increased by over 105%.
- Manage Google AdWords campaign, making decisions based on monthly budget, performance and conversions.
- Monitor website analytics and implement A/B testing to drive conversions and KPIs.
- Create content and craft search friendly and informative articles. These efforts translated to a steady increase in organic traffic, both month-to-month and year-over-year.
- Implemented keyword tacking software (Advanced Web Ranking) in order monitor ranking for organic keywords as well as identify new keyword opportunities.
- Coordinate social media marketing campaigns, spurring growth and attracting new customers both through paid and non-paid methods. These efforts yielded an increase in social referral traffic by 150%.
iconx Skateboarding - Shanghai, China | 2014-2015
Digital Marketing Manager
- Work closely with General Manger to rebrand identity, better targeting our demographic while remaining relevant within the industry. Branding enhancements include building a new website & url, pushing community engagement & growth within social channels (Facebook, Instagram, Weibo, Wechat), content creation (photography, videography, copywriting) and retail space redesign including commissioning a floor-to-ceiling mural.
- Additional branding enhancements include co-conspiring on a small magazine, which focuses on the growth skateboarding in China. I contribute original photos, photograph skateboarders in Shanghai as well as write essays & personal stories.
- Utilize my lifelong knowledge of skateboarding to bring in more desirable brands, thus increasing both in-store and online (Taobao) sales.
- Build and nurture a working relationship with a skateboard distributor & manufacturer in southern China to source iconx-branded shop boards as well as expand our in-shop product offering to better align with the Chinese market.
- Increase skateboard camp / private lesson signups through designing, building, optimizing and launching a brand new multilingual website (English & Mandarin Chinese) with the goal of increasing signup conversions by employing best-practice search engine optimization (SEO) techniques alongside A/B testing. Site was launched with a new url, iconx.com, and quickly achieved a Pagerank of 3 in just 4 months under my management. Web traffic also grew steadily since launching with the majority of our in-store sales generated from online search.
- Created, researched and proposed a Google Adwords paid search campaign as well as paid social advertising within Facebook. While Google & Facebook remain blocked by the firewall in China, our clients are predominantly international, thus, use social media & Google with the help of a VPN.
Dealer.com - Burlington, VT | 2011-2014
- Build, manage and maintain SEO campaigns for over 180 clients through evaluating and improving the effectiveness of website content, metadata, link building and priority keywords in order to improve search visibility.
- Promoted shortly after starting as one of three analysts assigned to manage SEO for a Fortune 500 company consisting of hundreds of individual dealership sites.
- Update, write and post bi-monthly blog articles for over 35 clients focusing on readable, keyword-rich and quality content.
- Build custom pages based upon performance and individual needs for all clients.
- Stay current with best practices in SEO and changes in the industry by sharing relevant news with the department in a weekly newsletter and presenting in monthly department meetings.
*While in this position, I was selected by Dr. Elaine Young, a Digital Marketing and Social Media Marketing Professor at Champlain College, to mentor a senior capstone marketing student interested in Digital Marketing & SEO. Throughout the semester, we had multiple meetings, discussing the student's skills, their areas of interest and my experience working at a startup tech company. I attended the Senior Marketing Capstone presentations alongside Dr. Elaine Young and Patricia Boera, the Career Services Professional.
Curve Trends Marketing - Burlington, VT | 2010-2011
- Create, manage and implement SEO and social media strategies for multiple clients & businesses, both small and large.
- Oversee social media marketing and search engine marketing for premier clients, including Facebook Ads and Google Adwords campaigns.
- Design & implement display ads for the Google Display Network.
OKAY!!OKAY!! - Burlington, VT | 2009-2010
Marketing Project Manager / Photographer
- Conceptualized & executed youth-driven marketing strategies with a focus on the 18-35 demographic through psychographic & behavioral research.
- Diverse clients and projects including: Gravis Footwear, FRENDS, Burton Snowboards, Justin Fines, Steve Harrington, Tobin Yelland, Anti-Hero Skateboards, Death & Rough Francis, FutureClaw Magazine, Amp Energy and more.
- Co-conspired & managed the launch of OKAY-OKAY.com, providing key design insights and Wordpress experience.
For a more detailed look at my professional history, have a look at my LinkedIn profile.